Do you ever have days where you’re so busy, you simply forget to eat? Now, it doesn’t happen very often because usually, I’m thinking about food! But when it does, I try to find something to snack on that is at least a little healthy and not full of calories.
The other day, I had a mile long list of errands that needed to be accomplished. I managed to get most of them done by mid-afternoon but realized when I got home at 3:00 that I had missed lunch. I was starving at this point! Actually, you could say I was getting “ hangry”. (When you’re so hungry you start to become angry!) Yep, that was me the other day! I just needed a little something to hold me over until dinner.
I remembered I had made some snack crackers a couple of days ago, so that was my “go to” for the moment. These are so simple and quick to make! A few easy ingredients mixed together and they’re done!
Oyster Cracker Recipe
- 2 pkgs 12 oz. packages of oyster crackers
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup Crisco oil
- 1 pkt Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Mix together dill weed, lemon pepper, crisco oil, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and garlic powder.
- Pour over crackers and mix well.
- Spread crackers out in an even layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Half way through the baking time, give them a stir and finish baking.